Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm "kitted out"!

Yesterday was a tiring day. Andy and I woke up at the ass-crack of dawn (really 8 am) to go shopping all over town. We went to 5 or 6 different electronics stores, and nearly as many sports stores. Andy is looking into getting a laptop to take to PNG with us, so he can enter data. Also so we can watch movies. The sports stores were for me. I got my own scuba gear! Luckily, I didn't have to search to find vegan schwag, because everything is all rubber/latex/whatever. The rest of the stuff in the sports/outdoors shops had leather and wool and down all in them, but not the scuba stuff!

I got a wetsuit, booties, and open-heeled fins. My mum and dad said to put them on my credit card, and they'll pay them off for my birthday and gift-mas presents. I didn't buy the top-of-the-line gear, but got some mid-range stuff. Since I'll be diving about 6 days a week in PNG, I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to get cheap shit that will fall apart. (To make things more appropriate, these photos were taken with Andy's underwater camera.)
Cool, huh?

1 comment:

bazu said...

Congrats- your kit looks great! I'm so jealous that you're headed into summer while I'm headed into winter and you'll be scuba-diving while I'll be shovelling snow! =(