Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Holiday photos

I've posted pictures from my journey south here. Be warned: there are a proverbial fuck-ton. I didnt' realize how many I took until I was loading them, but I couldn't bring myself to delete any. It was such a beautiful area. The Eden Christmas folder is a bit of Asling's Beach, the main beach in Eden, but mostly it's from the Ben Boyd State Park, specifically the Pinnacles and Long Beach. We did both the Pinnacles loop and a stroll along the beach, so there are photos from the top and the bottom. Then in Sydney, we did our first day in the city--all the photos up until the ferris wheel ones. The second day, we did a backpacker-style harbour cruise (aka the commuter ferry) and went across to Manly, where we hiked and lazed a bit. Those are the rest of the photos. And here are a few of my favorites:
This is the view from the pinnacles walk.

More view, this time of the pinnacles themselves. As far as I know, those smaller white bits in front are the actual pinnacles, and the red/white cliffs behind are just... cliffs.

At long beach, there was one bit of rock that had heaps of little cave and this little tunnel. This side of the tunnel was way above my head, so I stretched as far as I could and just held the camera above my head. This was the result.

Here's Andy at the water's edge.

And there's me. The water was frigid, so that's as far as we went.
Here's Andy at Darling Harbour in Sydney, where we ate peanut butter and jam sandwiches near the water. I like this photo because you can see me in his sunnies.

The bridge from the southern side, aka the main city center area.
And here's the bridge (or at least the northern pylons) from just outside Luna Park. And the opera house peeking out from below.


3 comments:

Dan said...

Australian seems so beautiful. My wife and I have never been, but we have friends there. Maybe one day. You guys are on the other side of the world! :)

Beautiful photos.

bazu said...

Summer... summer needs to come back! I love your pictures! You might be interested to hear that here in Syracuse, we woke up to a foot of snow this morning. =)

Theresa said...

dan--thanks! You should definitely get here, it's totally worth it... I still have plans to travel more, because there is so much I haven't seen, but from my little experience it's one of the most beautiful countries on earth!

bazu--I thought it was in the 70s the other day! I'm sure my parents are hating it, but hopefully the seasons get back to normal soon...