Friday, November 14, 2008

Oodles.

Noodles are a quick and easy foundation for a meal, which can be done without turning on the oven and hotting up the house, or even much time standing over the stove. Here are three ways we’ve had noodles recently.

This is a quick stir fry of onion, zucchini, green capsicum, mushroom spinach, and corn mixed with rice noodles. These noodles are soaked in boiling water for 3 minutes and then drained and they’re ready to go, so they’re a great ingredient when you want food fast. The flavour in this stir fry comes from chilli and some leftover sunflower-miso salad dressing.

This is an adapted version of the ‘Green Bean, Asparagus and Tofu Stir Fry over Couscous’. The main change, obviously, is that I subbed more rice noodles for the couscous. I also added black sesame seeds for pizzazz. This was a really yummy way to use some fresh, springy asparagus.

Finally, the quickest kind of noodles yet. I came home from an animal rights meeting to a lovely raw lunch made for me by Andy. Zucchini ‘noodles’, fresh spinach from the garden, and tomatoes were the base of the salad, and the dressing was probably technically not raw but had Bragg’s, miso, chilli, rice bran oil, sesame oil, and lots of ginger. I think this meal was inspired by a recipe in the recent food issue of VegNews, but don’t quote me on that.

I love noodles!

5 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Delish!

Lovlie said...

Wow! Those noodles look great! I need to have some soon!

Bianca said...

The dressing on your raw dish sounds fantastic...I love noodles! We just had a new noodle bar open here and I can't wait to try it. It's called Noodle Doodle Do. Isn't that cute?

The Vegan Snorkeler said...

Yay for noodles! I pretty much like any kind of noodles, except egg noodles of course! Love the black sesame seeds.

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

yummy noodles! wish you could make me lunch!