Thursday, September 17, 2009

Can't Be Arsed...

I recently had a severe case of Can't Be Arsed, but I was hungry. I had just spent the last hour in the park, running, doing chin ups, push ups, and a few other crazy things, and I wanted food but I seriously could not be bothered chopping veggies or thinking about much of anything.

I nearly made toast for dinner, but instead I settled on spaghetti. Andy had bought me two packs of Angel Hair pasta before he left, because he knows I like it, and since it cooks up in 6 minutes it was perfect. But what to have on it? I thought about garlic and olive oil, but the idea of chopping and frying was just too much. So while the pasta was cooking, I made a very quick, very lazy CBA peanut sauce.

Sorry for the atrocious photo, but I really couldn't be arsed taking a better one!

Be peanut sauce, I actually mean: a scoop of peanut butter, a scoop of miso, a splash of hot sauce and a little bit of hot water (soy yogurt works here, too). Mixed together in the bowl I planned to eat out of. Then I put the drained spaghetti in and mixed it up. Voila--miso peanut noodles in less than 10 minutes.

8 comments:

Vaala ◪ said...

Sounds like a seriously delicious 'can't be arsed' meal. Might try that idea sometime...going through a bad case of CBA lately.

Amy said...

Nom! That's such a good idea. Our CBA dinner last night was Fry's nuggets and chips and gravy.... :)

nora said...

Sounds good to me though, seriously!

Susan said...

An excellent CBA dinner indeed. I love anything with a peanut sauce.

Bianca said...

Yummy quick idea! I've had those need-to-eat-right-now-but-too-hungry-to-spend-very-long-in-the-kitchen moments too!

Amy said...

Now that's my kinda CBA cooking! YUM!

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

and probably tasted perfect, too. I used to do the same thing with soba + a twist of lemon when I took pasta to school. (and once again, PB makes the world go 'round...) :P~

DJ said...

I loves it - sounds like an ideal CBA meal!